Newell May Capital (NMC) is a private equity firm investing in early stage growth companies across a broad array of market sectors. We focus on companies doing $5M+ a year in revenue where we can accelerate the company’s growth strategically beyond capital deployment.
• In 2015, Gough invested $500K into NeWhere at a $2M valuation. The valuation a year later is $40M.
• In 2014, Gough sold Eckim to Coupons.com (NYSE: QUOT) after growing revenue from $0 to over $10M in just 3 years.
• 10+ years experience in the tech industry as a successful entrepreneur, mentor and investor.
• Graduated from the Kelley School of Business with a BS in Marketing, Distribution Management and a minor in Economics.
• Jurn recently managed the $1.5B portfolio of the Summa Group of Oppenheimer & Co. overseeing due diligence, research, and portfolio management.
• 6+ years working in structured finance globally – in both credit and equities across CLO and equity linked note vehicles.
• Graduated from MIT with a BS in Material Science and Engineering and a minor in Economics.
• Advised on over $2 billion in M&A and capital markets activities across investment banking career.
• Co-founded and raised $1 million of seed capital for MedTech startup.
• 6+ years of transactional experience, across both investment banking and private equity investing.
• Graduated Cum Laude from the University of Denver Daniels College of Business with a BSBA in Finance.
Mr. Bruce founded Alcentra Group ($20B AUM) that sold to BNY-Melon. Previous to Alcentra, Bruce developed the $600 million bank loan fund, Thoroughbred Investment LP team for David Tepper’s Appaloosa Management. He spent 30+ years in finance specializing in Venture Capital, leverage buy-outs, high yield debt, bank loans and structured credit. He graduated from UC Santa Cruz with a BA in Economics in 1979.
He has been the Executive Producer of many social impact feature films such as Jobs and Bronx Bull as well as games such as Promised Land and On the Road with BB King. He spent 30+ years as an executive digital producer, media educator, investor and advisor to numerous startups, multi-nationals, and government entities. He graduated from Harvard University with a Masters in Education in 1990.
Formerly the Chairman of Merrill Lynch Global Asset Allocation Committee and Head of Merrill Lynch Asset Management Asia ($490B AUM). Yuan was also the CIO of the $1.2B Telecom, Media, and Technology AmerAsia Hedge Fund. He has 20+ years of both Wall Street and specialty finance experience including packaging, structuring and investing funds into MLB, NBA, and NFL teams. Yuan independently advises major Chinese institutions such as CITIC Securities and China Merchants Group. He attended Cornell University and Harvard University’s JFK School of Economics and Government as a Mason Fellow.
Copyright 2016 NewellMay Capitol
All Rights Reserved